Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Tech tip

Fork stops.  While collecting everything to put a OEM springer on one of my pans, I was wondering what I was gonna do about fork stops. There is a hole one both sides of the neck casting close to where the backbone and down tubes meet. Nothing goes to it on my bike, or any that I've seen. Not sure what its for cause there where no wear marks or threads or anything. That said, I tapped them and used a bolt for the stops. The bolt head lined up perfectly with the stops on the springer. I used a 3/8"x16npt tap. Cosmetically its not the prettiest but no cutting/welding is involved. Plus you can adjust them to a different tank if you decide to swap. In case your not in tune with what I've been putting together, I put a late model FX springer on a '51 wishbone pan frame. And I Freakin love it.

cody edington

No comments:

Post a Comment