Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Rant rant rant

Well i'm not a writer by any means plus I have alot on my mind that I want to get out, so I hope I don't end up rambling. So where to start?
Inspiration! All I want to do is chop,build and ride. At work im thinking of riding, the days I carpool I wish I was riding, while doing my job i'll come across something that I think could be cut up to make a cool chopper part. If i'm not thinking of my beautiful wife, it's constantly bikes. I'm always on the hunt for parts searching blogs, ebay and clist. I've been doing this for several years now having 5 complete bikes and 1 total ground up build and another one in (slow) progress now. My pan and my shovel keep me stirred up so much that another build isn't easy enough on the pocket book. I say inspiration with a touch of addiction but i'm challenging myself and my son. I have a passion and desire that I was without for years and it feels good.
Some of you may no what i'm talking about and some may think i'm crazy. I envy the shit out of people like chopper Dave, Max Schaf and the late Johnny Chop. They build some of the radest scoots i've ever seen plus they do it cause they love it. Not for money. Plus I have met most of my closest friends through bikes and we all share the same passion. True brotherhood still lives and there are alot of core values that carry on in our culture. I'm not talking about posers, rubs and weekend warriors. I'm talking about people who make you want to be a better person.
My son and I rode over to Duane's today to take him a part. This was the first time I had seen him sinse we started his chop for the first time. Let me tell ya, there is a fire lit in him. You can see it in his face. He's been riding it to work and around town for a week now and i'll put money on it that he hasn't felt this way in years either.
Not really sure why I wanted to write all this but for like-minded people i'm sure you'll at least half way agree with me. At least now I won't have to go to therapy this week! Keep choppin!
When in doubt give it gas. Later....

1 comment:

  1. I know we aren't supposed to be prideful, but I was never so proud as when cody rode my bike around the block yesterday. Seeing my creation in action was awesome! It was even better because he helped me build it.

    ReplyDelete